Big Blue 8
A live experience at the Ricoh Arena, Coventry to prepare colleagues for the transformation of Argos into a 'digital-led' retailer.
A journey through 9 linked experiences. The 'red thread' was a set of transformative values brought to life by actors playing superheroes - live and on film.
I was responsible for communication consistency and most scriptwriting.
- Past, present & future of Argos - included widescreen film, dramatic live action & screen-based presentation
- Future technologies - exhibition of trend-setting technologies
- 'Who are our customers?' - included YouTube-style films & 3 live dramas performed on a revolving stage
- How customers shop - included business App ideas generation activity
- Store of the future
- The changing role of colleagues
- Stockroom of the future - a 3D reconstruction of a stockroom with live & recorded action
- Future distribution - presenter-led scenarios with animated projection onto a map & audience competitions
- Culture & commitment - presentations, team activities & creation of a visible symbol of commitment
The entire experience created in just 2 months.
4,500 colleagues overall - in 3 groups per day - were pulsed through a 6 hour experience. Learning & inspiration was tracked by texted questions throughout the experience.
STOP PRESS! On Friday 24th January 2014 this project was awarded Gold in the UK Internal Experience category at the IVCA LiveCom Awards.